Who doesn’t know that? The kids get up in the morning and the first question is:
“What are we gonna do today?”
Up in the Harz there are numerous family-friendly excursion destinations where parents and children likewise get their money’s worth. You can walk in the Harzköhlerei Stemberghaus in the footsteps of old charcoal burning tradition and can see a charcoal kiln in action. In the western town of Pullman City Harz you can immerse yourself in the world of wild cowboys and Indians. If you want to experience nature in a unique way at dizzying heights, you can “conquer” the Titan RT suspension bridge at the Rappbodetalsperre.
Moosl´s TIP for nature explorers
An absolute MUST for all explorers among you is the HohneHof Nature Discovery Centre with its dandelion discovery path. Numerous guided hikes with national park rangers and nature experience programs for all age groups are offered here, especially during the holidays. There you will learn a lot about the Harz wilderness, animal tracks and noises and much more. You can be curious!
Moosl´s "Auf den Spuren der Geschichte" - TIPP
Wisst ihr, dass es im Harz echte Höhlenwohnungen gibt? Ihr findet sie in Langenstein bei Halberstadt. Zehn Wohnungen wurden 1855 - 1858 in den Sandstein geschlagen. Wer hier jetzt wohl wohnt - vielleicht Hobbits?
Moosl´s TIP for animal friends
The western town of Pullman City Harz in Hasselfelde is an Eldorado for animal fans big and small. There is a petting zoo, you can go pony riding and even trail rides and carriage rides are offered.
How about adopting a bison or a Texas longhorn? You can also start small. How about a goat, donkey or pony? There is more information about this here
Moosl´s special TIP
Have you ever heard that cliffs can snore? No? Then you absolutely have to go to the Schnarcherklippen between Elend and Schierke and with a little luck you will hear the two granite stones "snoring" in the south-east wind. Curious?
- Playground nature: water, forest, meadows, animals – here you have everything right in front of the door!
- Family-friendly hosts ensure the feelgood factor just like at home.
- Get motivation for hiking: on family-friendly hiking trails you can collect the stamps of the Harzer Wandernadel.
- Exciting excursion destinations ensure variety in all weathers.
- History lessons you can touch: from the old charcoal burner tradition to the “borderline experience”.
- Just enjoy the quiet without mass tourism.
- Relax in comfortable and mild temperatures, especially in midsummer.
- Children from 0 to 15 years are exempted from paying the tourist tax.
- Relatively short travel distances = more vacation time.
- Up in the Harz there is something for everyone: whether young or old, whether for a small or a large budget.