We look forward to every guest Up in the Harz, whether human or animal, whether young or old, whether alone or with the whole family. Every person is individual and unique, just like the nature. That is why we phrased a few hints and requests so that we can treat both with respect. Thank you for your attention and consideration.
- Please note: In the period from March 1st to July 15th, the leash must be kept on in the forests and meadows Up in the Harz to not disturb wildlife when they breed and raise their offspring.
- You know your dog best, you know exactly when your four-legged friend has which needs, when the dog would like to play or rather be left alone. This is often difficult for outsiders and non-dog owners to estimate, especially for children. Please keep your dog on a leash near playgrounds, in localities and crowded places. Even on deserted paths, e.g. when hiking, it is advisable to call the dog over to approaching pedestrians and let it run “to heel”.
Also: Before you plan your excursion, please check whether the hotel's own guidelines for taking a dog with you apply or whether a leash or even a muzzle is required.
- We recommend that you bring enough dog fouling bags with you on every tour, whether it’s a short walk or a longer hike, so that you can directly pick up after your four-legged friend (especially in urban areas).
- You can get these free of charge in our tourist information offices, as well as in the dog bag dispensers:
· Kurpark in Hasselfelde
· Schlosspark in Elbingerode
· Wilhelm-Schmidt-Park in Benneckenstein