Here, Up in the Harz you can experience a natural paradise, which in its diversity and intensity can only be experienced in the same way in a few other places. But nature is far from everything that our tourist region has to offer. There is a wide range of individual accommodation, exciting excursion destinations and traditional events embedded in the extensive network of hiking trails in the Upper Harz Mountains.
Start your journey through our holiday regionNOW!
Tips for families
> Dec. / Jan. / Feb. 2021/2022
In good weather:
- family-friendly hike through the romantic Elendstal valley
(in snow: Don't forget your sled)
- Visit the Titan RT suspension bridge at the Rappbotetalsperre
- Guided alpaca hike around the Harz town of Tanne
- Visit to the Advent flea market in the western town of Pullman City Harz
In bad (snowy or rainy) weather:
Tips for nature lovers
> Dez. / Jan. / Feb. 2021/2022
- Hike "To the Snorer Cliffs" near the Harz town of Elend
- Circular route around the Rappbodevorsperre
- Collect stamps with the Harz hiking pin
- You can find more special tips for winter hiking, including winter hiking trails, HERE.
For tourists with a dog:
Our tourism region
Would you like to take a closer look Up in the Harz? Here you will experience a natural paradise which, in its diversity and intensity, can only be experienced in the same way in a few other places. Each of our 13 towns is special in its own way and worth a visit.
We look forward to you!